Douglas Connection Do It Yourself Cable Kits — a great money-saving option for great cables over our custom made ones or buying the individual parts.
Base Price is for a kit to make ONE 1 ft. Cable with Douglas Connection Premium Locking RCA connectors, with no sleeving. Please select the length you need and if you want sleeving from the drop down menu. If you want to upgrade your RCA connectors, please choose them from the drop down menu. Also, please select the sleeving color if you order a length with sleeving.
Price is for one kit to make one interconnect cable. If you want to make a pair of cables
please select 2 as the quantity.
The Douglas Connection Bravo analog audio cable kits are designed with the discerning audio enthusiasts in mind. These cables incorporate Furez 162AA cable, which is a 99.997 OFHC 16AWG twisted pair configuration cable, with 2 Shields to maximize protection against unwanted noise infiltration. Shield one is a 95% tinned copper braid and shield two is a 100% Aluminum Polyester Foil wrap. This kit includes 1 pair of Douglas Connection Premium Gold Plated Locking RCA Connectors.
Your cable kit will come with everything you need to make your own interconnect cables. Your kit will include the cable cut to length you order and one pair of Douglas Connection Premium Locking RCA connectors for each cable. If you order your required length with sleeving, it will be included in your kit along with any heat shrink tubing you might need. Also included is enough Cardas Quad Eutectic Solder to make your cables.
Furez FZ162AA 16AWG Analog Audio Cable:
• 16AWG Analog Audio Cable / Subwoofer Cable
• UL CL3 In-Wall Rated Analog Audio Cable
• Color: Dark Blue
• 103 Strand (Per Conductor) – 99.997% OFHC C10100 Copper Conductors
• 2 Conductor Plus Double Shielded Construction
• Internally Twisted Conductors with Molded Round Outer Jacket
• Double Shielded Construction
– 95% Tinned Copper Braid Shield (136 Strands of 36AWG = App. 15AWG)
– 100% Aluminum Polyester Foil Shield
• DC Resistance: 4.01 Ohm/1000′
• DC Resistance Shield/Conductor: 2.09 Ohm/1000′
• Rac @ 1KHz: 8.40mOhm/ft
• Rac @ 1KHz: 6.34mOhm/ft (w/ Shield & Negative Conductor)
• Capacitance @ 1KHz: 20.86 pF/ft
• Capacitance @ 1KHz: 39.56 pF/ft (w/ Shield & Negative Conductor)
• Inductance @ 1KHz: 0.201 uH/ft
• Inductance @ 1KHz: 0.126 uH/ft (w/ Shield & Negative Conductor)
• 0.032″ (0.810mm) Thick PVC Outer Jacket
• 0.0275″ (0.70mm) Foamed Polyethylene (FPE) Insulation
• Nominal Outer Cable Diameter – 0.295” (7.493mm)
Douglas Connection Locking Analog Audio RCA Connectors:
• Locking Analog Audio RCA Connector
• Gold Plated Contacts
• Teflon Insulated Split Center Pin
• Accepts up to 16 AWG Conductors
• Teflon Insulated Center Pin
• Black Body with White and Red ID Rings
• Length: 1.75”/45mm (not including Center Pin)
• Overall OD: 0.550″/14mm
• Cable Entry ID: 0.355”/9.1mm