Made from pure copper with rhodium plating, the Furutech FI-12L R 15A High End Performance Angled IEC is adjustable to 4 different angle settings. From Furutech in 2015 the world’s first high-end grade angled power connectors. All versions with adjustable angle settings and featuring Furutech’s top rhodium-plated or gold-plated a (Alpha) pure-copper conductors. Priced per each IEC connector.
Furutech FI-12L R 15A High End Performance Angled IEC Specifications.
• Rhodium-Plated a (Alpha) pure-copper conductors
• Floating Field Damper System (US Patent No.: 6,669,491)
• Nylon/fiberglass body incorporating carbon particles that absorb vibration and resonance
• Specified for cable diameters from 6.6mm to 18.0mm
• Metal cable clamp improves grip and reduces mechanically and electrically induced distortion
• Rating: FI-12L(R)—10A 250V /15A 125V AC // FI-12ML(R)— 15A 125V AC // FI-E12L(R)—16A 250V
ALL metallic parts used in Furutech products go through the Alpha Process treatment to keep all connectors, conductors, and metal parts in a perfect stress-free, stable and highly conductive state.
The treatment begins during the manufacturing process with a deep, conditioning cryogenic freeze of all metal parts. Using high-end refrigerants — liquid N2 or He
– Furutech achieves temperatures of between -196 to -250C. The treated parts actually change their molecular structure at these extremes of temperature relieving internal stress. The molecules bond together more tightly and the overall structure becomes more stable. This improves electrical conductivity and so power and signal transfer.
Step two in the Alpha Process exposes these same parts to the patented Ring Demagnetization treatment. Ordinary high power magnets used for this purpose often increase magnetization effects; they leave some areas more magnetized than others. Just like a CD spinning over a fixed magnet; when the CD stops the area above the magnet is still exposed to the magnetic field causing audible effects. This patented process uses controlled attenuation to completely eliminate magnetization for immediately more vivid and colorful improvements. Ring Demagnetization further enhances conductivity of all treated materials. The patent holder for this treatment is Sekiguchi Machine Sale Co., Ltd. in Japan; Furutech are licensed users of the technology.
The Final Result The 2-Step Alpha Cryogenic and Demagnetizing Process works in tandem with other design-in features to create the most optimized power and signal transfer possible. Furutech’s total awareness and devotion to detail results in a greater sense of power, dynamics, and resolution, with cleaner, blacker backgrounds and a larger, more stable soundstage, vivid tonal colors and deeper extension at both ends of the frequency range.