The Furutech Flow-15 Inline Power Filter
New for 2012
AC Power Can Make or Break Your System!
The audio you hear from your home entertainment system is essentially the incoming electricity itself, and the typically violent storms riding the AC line and its ground is very detrimental to the performance of your components.
The Flow-15 is a superbly engineered and finished inline power filtering unit that eliminates many common problems caused by contaminated electrical power lines. It protects against distortion caused by ground noise, voltage spikes and sags, high frequency power supply noise from other components in your own system, and finally high-frequency digital noise emanating from processors and digital interconnects.
Plus you’re never alone when you take your listening seat; the residential AC supply is shared with other apartments, homes, and businesses on the same utility transformer explaining why many enthusiasts find their systems perform to a higher standard late at night and over weekends.
And while the Flow-15 is a star performer at eliminating common AC problems, it does it all without restricting current draw in any way. Furutech, known for its world-class Pure Transmission engineering, build and finish, have done the tests and the Flow-15 does not interfere with current draw. The AC-1001G EMI-filtering IEC input perfectly complements the remarkably effective Flow-15’s ability to eliminate distortion. The FI-15EG IEC connector finishes off the package.
The Flow-15 Inline AC Filter lowers noise on every component on which it’s used resulting in very natural and extremely fine resolution down and through the utterly silent noise floor. It improves soundstaging and imaging while creating nuanced high frequencies, an attractive, engaging midrange, tight and controlled bass, with power and dynamics to spare.
• The body of the Flow-15 combines two “active” materials: Nano-sized ceramic particles and powdered carbon plus Nylon and fiberglass to form an extremely effective mechanically and electrically damped body
• Use between power cables and power distributors or power cables and components
• Eliminates radiated AC noise
• Fitted with 24k gold-plated α (Alpha) nonmagnetic FI-15E G connector
• AC-1001G EMI-filtering IEC features 24k gold-plated α (Alpha) nonmagnetic copper alloy conductors plus…
• A parallel circuit with an in-line coil and capacitor that reduces noise at 100KHz by 8dB and at 500KHz by 14 dB and at 10MHz by more than 30dB
• Floating Field Damper™ (Earth/Ground Jumper System) with US Patent No.: 6,669,491
• Patent-pending metal cable clamp improves grip and reduces mechanically and electrically induced distortion
• α (Alpha) conductor shield for protection against radiated noise
• RoHS-compliant flexible PVC sheath improves vibration isolation
• Special high-grade PE Insulation contributes to reduced capacitance
The AC-1001G EMI Filtering IEC Input
The parallel circuit with in-line coil and capacitor reduces noise at 100 KHz by 8dB and at 500 KHz by 14dB and at 10MHz by more than 30dB
The AC-1001G EMI Filtering IEC Input
The parallel circuit with in-line coil and capacitor reduces noise at 100 KHz by 8dB and at 500 KHz by 14dB and at 10MHz by more than 30dB.
• 24k gold-plated a (Alpha) nonmagnetic copper alloy conductors
• Outer cover • Chrome-plated steel-plate
• Inner cover • Nylon fiberglass
• Inner Box • Nylon fiberglass
• Inner parts held in place with Piezo Epoxy
• Rating • AC 115V/250V 10A 50/60Hz
• Conductors • 37-strand Silver Plated a (Alpha) µ-OFC 0.25mm x 2 cores
and 37-strand a (Alpha) µ-OFC 0.25mm x 1 cores
• Insulation• High-density P.E.( Red?White?Green) 3.43mm diameter
• Inner Sheath • RoHS-compliant flexible PVC incorporating carbon particles
• Shield • 0.12mm diameter a (Alpha) Conductor wire braid
• Sheath • RoHS-compliant flexible PVC, 12.9mm diameter approx.