Douglas Connection Custom 11 AWG 2 Conductor 99.997% OFHC Speaker Cables
Photos Above show some of the various connectors which we can attach to your cables. Base Price is for One 6 ft. Cable with no connectors. For total price, please select your desired Cable Length, plus Amplifier End and Speaker End Connectors from the dropdown menus to the right. Choose the Amp End Free End Length, and Speaker End Free End Length you want. Free end length is the distance between where the individual conductors exit the main cable to the connectors. Then enter the number of cables you need.
The Custom Made Furez F11/2 speaker cables utilize Furez Advanced Series Cable Line, in which we use multiple gauge stranding within a rope lay design of high strand count 99.997% OFHC C10100 Oxygen Free Copper with quality foamed polyethylene insulation (FPE). The design yields a clean balanced sound for your Stereo Audio or Home Theater System.
DCF112 Custom 14AWG 4 Conductor Speaker Cable Paired to 11/2
• 14AWG 4 Conductor paired to 11/2
• Color: Black
• Extremely Flexible
• UL Listed NEC Type CL3 Rating
• 99.997% OFHC C10100 Copper Construction (High Conductivity Oxygen Free Copper)
• 7 Bundle Advanced Rope Lay Design
– 6 Outer Bundles of 99.997% OFC 36AWG Strands x 24
– 1 Core Bundle of 99.997% OFC 27AWG Strands x 3
– Total Strand Count – 147 Per Conductor
• Equivalent Gauge Paired to 2 conductors: Slightly larger than 11AWG
• DC Resistance: 2.28 Ohm/1000′
• DC Resistance: 1.21 Ohm/1000′ (Conductors Paired)
• Rac @ 1KHz: 4.736mOhm/ft
• Rac @ 1KHz: 2.279mOhm/ft (Conductors Paired)
• Capacitance @ 1KHz: 12.2pF/ft
• Capacitance @ 1KHz: 24.76pF/ft (Conductors Paired)
• Inductance @ 1KHz: 0.249uH/ft
• Inductance @ 1KHz: 0.121uH/ft (Conductors Paired)
• 0.055″ (1.4mm) Thick PVC Outer Jacket
• 0.0275″ (0.70mm) Foamed Polyethylene (FPE) Insulation
• Internally Twisted Conductors with Molded Round Outer Jacket
• Nominal Outer Cable Diameter – 0.480”
The DCF102 speaker cables are constructed of two 10 AWG conductors. Each conductor is made from 361 strands of wire, which make these cables very flexible. Each of the two conductors is formed from seven 99.997% OFHC C10100 Copper Bundles. This cable is laid out in a Star Quad configuration, which is a superior method to attenuate EMI (electromagnetic interference). The finishing touch is a Black and Gray braided sleeve, which protects the cables and is appealing. Black TechFlex also available.
How they are made:
These cables are totally assembled by hand right here in the USA, by a small family business. When making your Cables each conductor is stripped, then cleaned and preserved with Deoxit. Depending on the connectors you choose, we then crimp or use setscrews to affix the bare wire inside the connector, which makes far superior surface contact. No solder is used in the construction of these cables. Even some of the best solder is made from approximately 61% tin, 35% lead, 3% silver, and 1% copper eutectic. As you can see mostly tin and lead is what these solders contain. The IACS (International Annealed Copper Standard) chart below shows the conductivity of various metals relative to copper. Look at Tin and Lead. Tin is only 15% as conductive as copper, and Lead is a lowly 7% as conductive. Using tin and lead between the highly conductive speaker wire, and the connector is like putting a flow restrictor on your garden hose that only allows between 7% and 15% of the normal flow. That’s why we attach the connectors using crimp or setscrews when we construct your Cables. This allows for the best signal transfer without restricting the flow of music from your amplifier to your speakers.